The Northwest Sled Dog Association
A Sled Dog Race at Camp Koinonia, Cle Elum, WA
January 14-15, 2017
LIMITED TO FIRST 40 ENTRIES:
Email will be sent upon receipt of race form and payment
FEE'S & DEADLINE:
Entry Fees per class: $25 NWSDA members, $30 non-members, Pee Wee: $5
Entry Deadline: Must be Received by Saturday January 7th
CHANGE OF CLASS:
MANDATORY DRIVER'S MEETING:
8:00am Saturday and Sunday
Not raced before? You are required to enter our Novice class for up to 4 dogs with a sled or up to 2 dogs for skijor, unless approved by the Race Marshal to enter a different class. Contact the Race Manager for more information.
Classes Offered & Approximate Distances Per Day:
6 Dog Mid – 13 to 15 miles
6 Dog Sprint – 5 miles
4 Dog Sprint – 3.7 miles
3 Dog Mid Skijor – 5 miles
3 Dog Mid Sled – 5 miles
2 Dog Skijor – 2.3 miles
2 Dog Sled – 2.3 miles
1 Dog Skijor – 1.4 miles
1 Dog Sled – 1.4 miles
Novice Skijor – 0.7 miles
Novice Sled – 0.7 miles
Senior (1-4 Dog Sled or 1-3 Dog Skijor)
This class is for Drivers/Dogs not racing in any other class. Drivers 60 yrs & older with any age dogs or Dogs 10 yrs and older with any age driver – 0.7 Miles
Pee Wee – 200 feet in view of the staging area
NEW: 1-2 Dog Fatbikejor – 2.3 miles
• Mandatory Drivers Meeting at 8:00am both Saturday and Sunday.
• We expect to run the 6 and 3 dog classes first. Other classes may run concurrently when feasible to conserve time.
• ISDRA Speed Race Rules apply: http://www.isdra.org/Resources_Directory/Frame.htm
• NWSDA Race Rules also apply: http://nwsda.org/index.php/races/nwsda-race-rules-championship-points- system
• Dogs may not compete in more than one class per day except if reused in the Pee Wee class.
• Single starts, 2-minute intervals for all classes, except one minute for 1 Dog and 2 Dog classes.
• Trail distances may be revised relative to conditions at the time of the race.
• This is a 2 day race. You must race both days to be eligible for trophies. If you wish to participate for one day only, please indicate it on your entry form.
• Starting order in each class will be in the order the entries are received.
• NWSDA encourages all entrants to wear helmets. Helmets are required for all entrants under 18 years old.
• Please see CAMP K ALCOHOL POLICY & OTHER RULES. Violators shall be subject to disqualification and asked to leave.
GROUP DINNER SATURDAY EVENING AT CAMP K
We will be having a group dinner in the main lodge at Camp Koinonia Saturday evening for $9 per person. Advanced payment is required in order to purchase the food prior to that date. Please send in your payment with your race entry or contact Ingrid Earle for payment options.
$1/per dog payable to Camp Koinonia for the weekend is to support the development and maintenance of the Mushers Camp at Camp Koinonia (aka Dogtown USA). Please pay dog fees at the designated pay station at Camp K.
Motel lodging may be found in Cle Elum (15 minutes from the race site). Some pet friendly motels are:
Timber Lodge Inn, Stewart Lodge and Aster Inn.
CAMP K ALCOHOL POLICY & OTHER RULES
NWSDA appreciates the use of the Camp K facilities and will implement an alcohol policy. Disregard of this policy will result in a warning. If you continue to ignore our request, then you will be asked to leave. The use of alcohol needs to be discreet. The drink (wine/beer/liquor) needs to be in a container that could hold any non-alcoholic beverage. There can be no carrying of wine/beer/liquor bottles to and from the campfire or to other trucks. You may not have visible alcohol containers sitting outside your truck. You will be required to take all drink containers home with you. We can never see the cans and bottles littering the ground at any time. Excessive use of alcohol will not be tolerated.
• Profanity: If overheard by a race official, Board member or a substantiated complaint is received; you will be immediately DQ'd and will be required to leave the event.
• No smoking of marijuana
• No loose dogs
• No dogs in cabins or any buildings at Camp K
• Trash can go in dump trailer in RV loop. Small amount of dog poop acceptable - not a 40# bagful. Take it home.
• Pick up all dog poop and do not leave in small bags by trails.
• Fill in holes made by digging dogs.
• Quiet hours: 10PM-6AM. Please do not disturb the camp with dropping, feeding, walking dogs within this time frame.
• Pay all camp fees at pay station.
• Respect the signage.
• No dogs are allowed to swim in the camp pond.
• Respectful and courteous behavior at all times to Camp Koinonia guests whom you might encounter on trails or in camp.
• Respectful and courteous behavior at all times to individuals whom you might encounter off property. Share the trails. Dog teams DO NOT have the right of way.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMP KOINONIA
The camp is located 25 miles east of Snoqualmie Pass, 7 miles west of Cle Elum. Take Exit 78 off I-90, Golf Course Rd. Turn south, go over the RR tracks and up the hill slightly and take 1 st right onto West Nelson Siding Rd. About 1/4 mile the road bends to the right and the entrance to Camp K is straight ahead onto a dirt road. There will be a sign for the camp. Follow the road up the hill where it bends to the left over a bridge that goes over the irrigation canal and up another short hill. Once you see the Camp information board, turn to the right, which brings you by the camp director’s house. Continue on that road into the parking/staging area near the Pool/Shower/Restroom Building.
807 E 8th Ave
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Phone: (509) 925-2332
Phone Cle Elum (509) 674-2154
Ellensburg Animal Hospital
1800 Vantage Highway
Ellensburg, Washington 98926
Valley Veterinary Hospital
2090 Vantage Hwy
Ellensburg, Washington 98926
Valley Veterinary Hospital in Ellensburg, WA at 1-509-925-6146 or Cascade East Animal Clinic
in Cle Elum, WA at 1-509-674-4367
PAYMENT OPTIONS & RACE FORMS
Mail Entry Form (pdf) with check or money order (US funds) payable to NWSDA to:
Ingrid Earle, Race Manager
6 – 113th Place SE Everett, WA 98208
REMINDER: Entry Deadline: Must be Received by Saturday January 7th
Payment for Dogtown Winter Derby Official Entry Form