The Northwest Sled Dog Association
A Sled Dog Race at Camp Koinonia, Cle Elum, WA
April 23-24, 2016
FEE'S & DEADLINE:
Entry Fees per class: $25 NWSDA members, $30 non-members
Entry Deadline: Must be received by Saturday, April 16th
CHANGE OF CLASS:
Changes may be made prior to the 8:00am Saturday Drivers Meeting at the Race Officials’ Tent near the Start/Finish Line
MANDATORY DRIVER'S MEETING:
8:00am Saturday and Sunday
Not raced before? You are required to enter our Novice class for up to 4 dogs with a cart or up to 2 dogs with a bike or scooter, unless approved by the Race Marshal to enter a different class. Contact the Race Manager for more information.
Classes Offered & Approximate Distances Per Day:
8 Dog Mid - 8.9 miles
6 Dog Mid – 7.9 miles
8 Dog Sprint - 7.9 miles
6 Dog Sprint – 3.5 miles
4 Dog Sprint – 2.2 miles
3 Dog Mid Bikejor - 3.5 miles (1 to 3 dogs)
3 Dog Mid Scooter – 3.5 miles (1 to 3 dogs)
2 Dog Bikejor – 2.2 miles
2 Dog Scooter – 2.2 miles
1 Dog Bikejor - 2.2 miles
1 Dog Scooter – 2.2 miles
Canicross - 1.5 miles
Novice (1 to 4 dogs) – 0.9 miles
Senior Exhibitor: Drivers 60yrs & older or dogs 10 yrs and older (1 to 4 dogs) - 0.9 miles
• We expect to run the 8 and 6 dog classes first. Other classes may run concurrently when feasible to conserve time.
• HELMETS REQUIRED FOR ALL WHEELED CLASSES!!
• Mandatory driver’s meeting: at race site Saturday and Sunday at 8:00 am.
• Races to begin approximately 9am Saturday and 8:30am Sunday. All classes start and finish at the Musher’s Camp.
• ATV’s allowed, motor off.
• Single starts, 2-minute intervals for all classes, except one minute for 1 Dog, 2 Dog & Canicross classes.
• ISDRA Dryland Race Rules apply: http://www.isdra.org/Resources_Directory/Frame.htm
• NWSDA Race Rules also apply: http://www.nwsda.org/index.php/races/nwsda-race-rules-championship-points-system
• Dogs may not compete in more than one class per day.
• Temperature cancellation or postponement at 60 degrees.
• Trail distances may be revised relative to conditions at the time of the race.
• This is a 2 day race. You must race both days to be eligible for trophies. If you wish to participate for one day only, please indicate it on your entry form.
• Saturday’s starting order in each class will be in the order the entries are received.
• We have lots of room to accommodate camping, including many sites with RV hook-ups for power and water. Sites are first come, first serve.
• Sani-cans/Pit toilets are available at the Musher Camp. A Shower/Bath house is located a short distance from camp.
• Camping and Dog Fees are required, payable to Camp Koinonia. Please see the payment station/box at the Bulletin Board in the Musher’s Camp. These fees are separate from and additional to race entry fees.
- Camping Fees: $5 per person, per night.
- Dog Fees: $1/per dog donation to support the development and maintenance of the Musher Camp.
NWSDA appreciates the use of the Camp K facilities and will implement an alcohol policy. Disregard of this policy will result in a warning. If you continue to ignore our request, then you will be asked to leave. The use of alcohol needs to be discreet. The drink (wine/beer/liquor) needs to be in a container that could hold any non-alcoholic beverage. There can be no carrying of wine/beer/liquor bottles to and from the campfire or to other trucks. You may not have visible alcohol containers sitting outside your truck. You will be required to take all drink containers home with you. We can never see the cans and bottles littering the ground at any time. Excessive use of alcohol will not be tolerated.
DIRECTIONS TO CAMP KOINONIA
The camp is located 25 miles east of Snoqualmie Pass, 7 miles west of Cle Elum. Take Exit 78 off I-90, Golf Course Rd. Turn south, go over the RR tracks and up the hill slightly and take 1st right onto West Nelson Siding Rd. About 1/4 mile the road bends to the right and the entrance to Camp K is straight ahead onto a dirt road. There will be a sign for the camp. Follow the road up the hill where it bends to the left over a bridge that goes over the irrigation canal and up another short hill. Once you see the Camp information board, turn to the right, which brings you by the camp director’s house. Continue on that road into the parking/staging area near the Pool/Shower/Restroom Building.
807 E 8th Ave
Ellensburg, WA 98926
Phone: (509) 925-2332
Phone Cle Elum (509) 674-2154
Ellensburg Animal Hospital
1800 Vantage Highway
Ellensburg, Washington 98926
Phone : (509)925-2833
Fax : (509)925-7714
Valley Veterinary Hospital
2090 Vantage Hwy
Ellensburg, Washington 98926
Phone : (509)925-6146
Fax : (509)925-6148
Valley Veterinary Hospital in Ellensburg, WA at 1-509-925-6146 or Cascade East Animal Clinic in Cle Elum, WA at 1-509-674-4367
PAYMENT OPTIONS & RACE FORMS
Payment for Spring Fling Official Entry Form
PHOTO'S FROM 2014